Lifuka Island Airport, (aka Salote Pilolevu Airport), is on the Ha’apai Group of Islands.
The airport is located 3 km north of the capital Pangai. Real Tonga offers daily domestic air services to the airport connecting Haʻapai to Tongatapu and Vava'u. Flight time is approximately 30 minutes (Type Jetstream, SAAB) to Tongatapu and 20 minutes to Vava'u
Perimeter is fenced. There is no other security.
There are no storage facilities.
Airport Location and Contact
Province or District
Nearest Town or City
Distance: 3 km
Airport’s Complete Name
Salote Pilolevu Airport
Elevation (ft and m)
25 ft / 7.62 m
Managing Company or Airport Authority
Tonga Airports Ltd
Management Contact Person
Viliami Filimone. / T.Tohi
NGO and/or UN Presence at Airport?
For information on Tonga Airports contact details, please see the following links:
1200 m x 30 m
1200 m x 30 m
PCN 9/F/B/. 7/T Bitumen
Passenger / Cargo Security Screening
Ground Handling Services
Air Traffic Control
Fire Fighting Equipment
Aircraft Parking Space
1. Y12E – Can land and takeoff
2. BN2A - Can land and takeoff
3. SAAB340 – Can land and takeoff f
4. J32 – Can land and takeoff
1. Y12E: MCTOW – 5670 kg (17 seats non pressurize)
2. BN2A: MCTOW – 2994 kg (9 seats – non pressurize)
3. SAAB340: MCTOW – 12930 kg (34 seats – pressurize)
4. J32: MCTOW – 7350 kg (17 seats – pressurize)
Refuelling facilities available, subject to prior arrangement with Real Tonga Airlines.
No royalties or NOF’s charged.
Landing fee of $T 550 / hour (US$ 237.00 / hour).