Haifa Airport, also known as U. Michaeli Airport and named after Uri Michaeli (1900-1976), was established in 1934. The airport is located at the eastern entrance to the city of Haifa, adjacent to the Kishon River and Israel Shipyards.
In 1998, a new and innovative terminal was opened at the airport.
- In 2014, the new northern entrance to the terminal was opened.
- In 2016, the construction of a new parking space for light aircraft on the east side of the airport is scheduled to be completed.
- There are two companies operating in the airport: Lahak Aviation and FNA
The terminal is open for service for passengers from 06:30 AM.
Airport activity hours:
- Sundays, Thursdays: 08:00—22:00.
- Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays 08:00-20:00.
- Fridays and holiday eves: 07:00-19:00.
- Saturdays and holidays: 08:00-23:00.
Flight requests outside of the usual activity hours should be submitted to the airport management at least 24 hours in advance.
*Since the closure of the main National A/Ps Sde-Dov in Tel Aviv and Eilat (Herzelia is next to be closed), Haifa A/P is not operational for commercial flights.
Airport Location and Contact
Province or District
Nearest Town or City
Airport’s Complete Name
Elevation (ft and m)
28 ft / 9 m
Managing Company or Airport Authority
Israel Airport Authority
Management Contact Person
NGO and/or UN Presence at Airport?
1326 m X 30 m