Syrian Arab Republic Aviation
Key airport information may also be found at: Website of Worldaerodata
- Syria has 93 airports, including 26 with paved runways and 5 with runways of more than 3,000 meters, as well as seven heliports
- Syria’s 3 international airports, located at Damascus, Aleppo, and Lattakia, carry an average of 2.5 million passengers on 13,000 flights each year
- Syria also moved approximately 33,000 Mt of freight by air per year
- The government-owned national carrier, Syrian Arab Airlines (SyrAir) offers scheduled services to destinations throughout the Middle and Far East, Europe, and North Africa
- SyrAir has a considerable fleet of reliable aircraft mainly Airbus A-320, Boeing 747 & 727 aircraft, in addition to some aircraft bought during Soviet Union era which are used for domestic travel
Note: The information provided in the attached document, which has been taken from the old DLCA, does not match the structure of the new LCA and is therefore provided separately.
Note: The information provided in the attached documents, which has been taken from the old DLCA, does not match the structure of the new LCA and is therefore provided separately.