Domestic airports or air strips are not functioning since collapse of Soviet Union, in some cities such as Kapan it became racing place. Government is currently trying to recover at least one or two airports/ air strips which will be designated airports / air strips for Ministry of Emergency Situations, recently airport in Stepanavan has been passed to MoEs. However at this stage both runway and building has to be completely renovated.
- name of the aircraft operator or the organization operating private flight, location, all numbers for communications; ICAO three-letter designator code of the aircraft operator and flight number;
- State of registry of the aircraft;
- Aircraft type, nationality and registration marks;
- Purpose of flight;
- Route of the flight (entry and exit points) in the airspace of the Republic of Armenia; Departure aerodrome, arrival aerodrome in the Republic of Armenia, final aerodrome; Type of traffic (Passenger, cargo, combined);
- Load of the aircraft (number of passengers, weight and nature of cargo); Date and time of the flight operation;
- Standard equipment of the aircraft;
- Form of payment for services and fees. In case of non cash payment, indicate the name of the bank and the account number; The following documents shall be attached to the Application;
- copy of Air Operator Certificate with attached Annexes or special supplementary regulations on operations;
- copy of permission (license) granted by the aeronautical authorities of the State of registration of the aircraft operator for operation of the route mentioned in the Application, if an issuance of such a document is prescribed by the legislation of this State;
- copy of airworthiness certificate and registration certificates of the aircraft, intended for air transportation mentioned in the Application;
- purpose of air transportation, data about the passengers (name, surname, citizenship and meeting party) and/or cargo (type of cargo, weight, nature, consignee and consignor) transported;
- copies of insurance certificates for passengers, baggage, cargo, third party liabilities, intended for air transportation;
The GDCA may request additional documents or other information not specified in para above. The application shall be written in Armenian or Russian or English language. The application shall be made by the aircraft operator.