Key airport information may also be found at: http://worldaerodata.com/
Company Name & Address
Contact Names & Email
Telephone & Fax
Instituto Dominicano de Aviación Civil
(Dominican Institute of Civil Aviation)
Ave. México Esq. 30 de Marzo.
Santo Domingo, D. N.,
Name: Alejandro Herrera Rodríguez
Title: Director General
Tel: 809 221 7909 Ext. 290/462/271
Fax: 809 221 8616
Summary of Role and Services
Function: Regulates and monitors civil aviation activities, and manages air navigation services in the Dominican Republic territory and airspace
Air Navigation Services
- Promotion of interests Navigation Services
Air at national and international levels.
- Regulations of the activity of Air Navigation Services.
- Aircraft Certifications and Authorizations.
- Accident Prevention and Investigation.
- Specialized technical services Advisories Safety.
- Promoting the interests of the security services
- Operating at national and international levels.
- Regulations activity Security Services Operational.
- Aeronautical Meteorology Services.
- Services Applied Meteorology and Climatology.
- No Aeronautical Meteorological Services.
- Regulations for the activity of Meteorological Services.
Major Airports Major airports include:
- Las Americas International Airport
- Gregorio Luperon International Airport (POP)
- Punta Cana International Airport (PUJ)
The primary national airlines in the Dominican Republic are PAWA Dominicana (national and international carrier, established as subsidiary of Pan Am), Aerolíneas MAS, SA and Air Century, which are privately owned. Many foreign airlines are also present. According to a statistic gathered by the IDAC in 2014, the primary foreign airlines in the Dominican Republic are American Airlines, Jet Blue, Delta and Copa Airlines, together making up 37 per cent percent of total passengers and 41 per cent percent of regular flights.
The Directorate General of Civil Aeronautics is the regulatory body in charge of aviation matters.
- Las Americas International Airport, Jose Francisco Peña Gomez (SDQ);
- Gregorio Luperon International Airport (POP);
- PresidentePresidente Juan Bosch International Airport (AZS);
- La Isabela International Airport, Dr Joaquin BalagerBalager (JBQ);
- Maria Montez International Airport (BRX); and
- Arroyo Barril Airport (Samana).