|Table of Contents|
HQ to INSERT HERE navigable waterways map from GIS team in Rome.
With the exception of the Benué River, waterways navigation is not developed in Cameroon.
Some local river traffic exists between communities straddling the Cameroun Nigeria border when the river is navigable. Reports are that the river is only navigable for a very short period. Efforts to establish commercial navigability were discontinued as a result of dredging costs and constant attention.
For more information on government In 2017, a study was done on eight waterways and infrastructure investment should occur soon, though at the time of assessment major progress on this matter was not apparent:
- River Wouri, between Yabassi and Douala for a length of 67 km
- River Nyong, between Abong-Mbang and Mbalmayo, for 215 km
- River Sanaga, from Edéa to Atlantic Ocean, for 60 km
- River Benoué, starting from Lagdo Dam up to Nigeria border, representing 140 km
- River Dja, section Ndongo - Moloundou, 116 km
- River Ngoko, starting from Ndongo up to DRC border
- River Sangha, from Libongo to Congo border
- Finally River Benoué, section between Garoua port to the Nigeria border for 80 km.
For more information on government and port and waterway company contact details, please see the following linklinks:
For more information on waterway company contact details, please see the following link: 4.4 Cameroon Port and Waterways Company Contact List