In this section you will find the templates for completing a Logistics Capacity Assessment (LCA).
The templates have been developed by logistics professionals based on their operational needs for information.
- It is vital to provide the information in accordance with the instructions found in the templates.
- When completing the LCA templates, any additional relevant information should be provided. If this does not fit into the template, please attach it as a separate document.
- For additional information on completing the templates, please see the instructions manual provided: Instruction Manual
Clear instructions are provided throughout the templates on how to insert content.
Clear instructions are provided in each template as follows:
|Red Text||Indicates specific information is required|
|Blue Text||Specifies additional documents that should be attached or inserted|
|0 Country name||An LCA introduction page showing basic assessment details such as date and assessor|
|1 Country Profile|
Provides links to websites containing generic country information regularly maintained and reflecting current facts and figures and country overview map provided by the GIS Team.
|1.1 Humanitarian Background|
|1.2 National Regulatory Departments & Bureau and Quality Control & Relevant Laboratories|
|2. Logistics Infrastructure||Section introduction page|
|2.1 Port Assessment|
An overview of the ports network in the relevant country including a port network map provided by the GIS team
|2.2 Aviation||An overview of the aviation network in the relevant country including a airport network map provided by the GIS team|
|2.2.2 International Airport|
Provides information on the major airport.
If multiple international airports exist, please complete each airport on a new template and number them accordingly
|2.2.3 National Airports and Airfields|
Provides information on smaller airports.
Please complete each airport on a new template and number them accordingly
|2.3 Road Network|
|2.5 Waterways Assessment|
|2.6 Storage Assessment|
|2.7 Milling Assessment||Can include multiple|
|3 Logistics Services||Provides a section introduction page|
|3. Additional Service Providers|
|3.3 Manual Labour Costs|
|3.4 Additional Service Providers|
|3.6 Food Suppliers, Accommodation and other Markets|
|3.7 Waste Management|
Annexes & Contact Lists
- Every LCA requires an Annex section which includes Acronyms and Abbreviations and contacts lists.
- Contact list templates provide a space for recording the details of relevant agencies, companies, focal points or service providers.
- Each contact list is linked to the related section of the LCA using a live web link.
- For more information on contact sheets, please see the instructions manual: 3.4 Creating and Inserting Contact Sheets
|4 Annexes||Section introduction page|
|Annex 1 Acronyms and Abbreviations|
A generic, pre-populated table of acronyms and abbreviations commonly found in LCAs.
Country specific acronyms and abbreviations should be added
|Annex 2 Contact List||Section introduction page|
|Annex 2.1 Government Contact List|
|Annex 2.2 Humanitarian Agency Contact List|
|Annex 2.3 Laboratory and Quality Testing Company Contact List|
|Annex 2.4 Port and Waterways Company Contact List|
|Annex 2.5 Airport Company Contact List|
|Annex 2.6 Storage and Milling Company Contact List|
|Annex 2.7 Fuel Provider Contact List|
|Annex 2.8 Transporter Contact List||Transporter fleet information is also required including fleet size, capacity and specifications|
|Annex 2.9 Additional Service Provision Contact List|
|Annex 2.10 Railway Company Contact List|