Sri Lanka Milling Assessment
Milling Company: Prima Mill
Prima Mill is the only flourmill in Sri Lanka of its size and significance in Sri Lanka. A Japanese company constructed the mill in the early 1980's. The machinery is Swiss made. The milling company has a contract with the GoSL, which allows it to operate as sole flour mill in SL. The milling capacity can be increased with 200 MT/day. The mill provides sufficient capacity to cater for the SL flour needs. Prima Mill is reluctant to give much information out on their capacity. They prefer to answer each approach directly and do not wish to give a general capacity description.
Company Name & Address
Contact Names & Email
Telephone & Fax
Summary of Role and Services: Production capacity of 3,600 metric tons per day.
Besides bunkering services to vessels, its facilities include loading and unloading of wheat grain/flour direct from the ships docking at our wharf/jetty, and complete distribution system for flour by rail, road and ship from our complex. The extended and upgraded jetty can now berth up to 100,000MT of 'Cape-size' bulk carriers. The newly completed inner multi-purpose wharf can handle containerized vessels to help increase South Asian trade.
THE LIMITATIONS AT THE PRIMA JETTY ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- MAXIMUM DISPLACEMENT: 100,000 MT
- MAXIMUM DRAFT: 14 METERS
- MAXIMUM LOA: *240 METERS
- MAXIMUM BEAM: 34 METERS
- MAXIMUM BREADTH: 36 METERS
- MAXIMUM HATCH DEPTH: 22.5 METERS
- MAXIMUM HEIGHT OR WATER LEVEL TO TOP OF HATCH COAMING: 17.4 METERS
- MAXIMUM DISTANCE FROM SHIPSIDE TO HATCH COAMING: 10 METERS
- VESSELS DEVIATING FROM THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY BE CONSIDERED, PROVIDED
- *VESSEL WITH LOA LONGER THAN 240 METERS WILL BE CONSIDERED ON A CASE BY CASE