- Storage is available in most urban areas in Iraq.
- Private warehouses compounds or government owned structures are available in the country.
- Some warehouse compounds offers security facilities.
- Information on privately owned warehouses are available on site, through papers affixed on the warehouse, or by word of mouth. Chamber of Commerce should have information on private warehouses.
- Government owned warehouses information can be obtained through the Ministry of Trade, or relevant ministries (Health, Agriculture, Infrastructures that owns the warehouses).
- Most of warehouse in Baghdad are owned by the Government; information can be provided by Ministry of Trade
Ministry of Trade/ State Company for Foodstuff Trade
Mr. Ali Madhloom Makki
0790 156 51 63
For more contact information, please see the following links:
Erbil warehouse compound Qaryah Taq is located in industrial area N 36,169758; E 43,888939. It is a big compound and security is provided. It is composed of 2 to 300 warehouses, 600 m2 each. Warehouses available to rent have paper affixed on the gate with contacts of the owner.
Warehouses of smaller capacity can be found all around the city for a various range of price depending of the location, size and service provided.
Average rental price is $ 2.1/m2.
Storage facilities can be found in two main locations in Erbil:
- Gwer Road (approximate GPS 36°09'46.3"N 43°52'49.7"E) – A large warehouse complex where WFP and other humanitarian organization have established warehouses. The location is 12 KM away from the city Centre. The area is fenced with a large number of warehouses. The accessibility and quality differs from one warehouse to another.
- Gazna Road (approximate GPS 36°15'30.6"N 43°58'36.9"E) – strategically located on the outskirts of Erbil, 7 KM from the UN compound. The location has good accessibility to the Erbil 120M highway. This location hosts warehouses of humanitarian organization (i.e. ICRC, UNICEF and IOM) and private sector companies. The warehouses in these location where found to be well organized and well established.
Taib Abdullah Qader
Shwan Namq Qader
Government owned warehouse compound under Ministry of Trade.
The local market in Dahuk has sufficient capacity to provide storage faciliites of over 1000 sqm in most locations in the area:
- Within Dahuk surrounding industrial/commercial areas
- Out of town industrial areas on the main road to Zahko
In town warehouses are also available but of a smaller size. Average rental price is $ 6.4/m2.
Dohuk is one of least affected cities, and the logistics infrastructure is well developed. Warehouses up to 3000 m2 can be found on the West ourskirt of Dohuk and around Sumel, electricity, telecommunication mostly available or can be provided on demand, labor and unloading equipment can be hired via warehouse ower or separately.
0750 412 3747
0750 445 7031
0750 445 9351
Habib ,Zinar Co.
0750 445 7136
Muhammed ,Coca Cola
0750 005 5099
The assessor could identify warehouses of Ministry of Trade only in this city (approximate GPS 34°37'36.3"N 43°39'41.4"E). The warehouse area is fenced and guarded. Electricity and telecommunication in place, labor and loading equipment can be hired separately.
Hussen Ali Ajwan
As West part of Mosul was 80% destroyed while liberation operation in 2016-2017, the East Mosul storage infrastructure is much better developed.
The areas assessed were the Gogiali industrial area at East outskirt of East part of Mosul (approximate GPS 36°21'24.8"N 43°15'54.6"E) and some other locations (Shalalat, Al-Qawsiat) – in average there are facilities up to 3,000 m2 capacity with electricity available. Telecommunication, labor and loading equipment can be hired via warehouse owner or separately.
Though West Mosul infrastructure was heavily damaged, some storage facilities still can be found there. In most cases it is standing alone premises with capacity 200 m2 and up to 1000 m2. The premises usually require rehabilitation and/or repair before operation. Electricity, telecommunication, can be provided on demand, labor and loading equipment can be hired via warehouse owner or separately.
Masood Khalid Mohamed
Farqad Khalid Mohammed
0770 161 6336 / 0750 880 7364
0770 166 3923
Conventional storage of (+) 10,000m2 can be found in next locations in Baghdad:
- South Baghdad road (approximate GPS 33°09'31.5"N 44°21'52.5"E) – numerous warehouse facilities along the south Baghdad road grouped in spots and large complexes. The location is 12 - 20 km away from the Centre of Baghdad. The areas are usually fenced. The accessibility and quality differs from one warehouse to another.
- South-West part of Baghdad near Tigris river, left bank (approximate GPS 33°14'13.7"N 44°28'22.6"E) – large industrial complex is situated here with numerous warehouses. Fenced and guarded area, quality size of the warehouses differs from one warehouse to another.
Anwar Sabah Maki
Storage Used by Humanitarian Organisations
An estimated 66 square km is the storage space used by all humanitarian agencies all around the country in the month of March 2015.