Yemen Railway Assessment
There are no rail networks currently in existence in Yemen; according to the MoPIC the government of Yemen has developed a strategy for the potential development of a rail network:
- Complete the study of the comprehensive layout of the railways network.
- Seize and possess the lands required for routes of the proposed railways lines, which will be defined by the study.
- Issue the necessary governmental decisions to introduce railways' method of transport (seizure of routes) within the new organizational layouts of expansion for the entire Yemeni towns.
- Set out an executive program for establishment of Yemen railways network to consolidate Yemen's competitiveness, regionally and internationally.
- Obtain finance, to start execution plans and studies of the railways projects; from the private sector due to the positive effects those projects have on the environment and the national socioeconomic situation.
- The Government participation with the private sector (ppp) and encouraging it to invest in the railways' projects and that is by giving all possible incentives.
- Preparation of legislations in connection with railways, particularly railways law, in the future.
- Participation in the regional and international railways activities