- The first 200 m of RWY 15 is unusable due to the presence of long ruts in the runway surface.
- The first 75 m of RWY 33 is unusable as it is rough, only suitable for slow taxing but with caution.
- Standard pattern for RWY 15 left down wind. RWY 33 to be used for departure.
- Visibility on the field is restricted by the tall bush around the runway.
- There is a road that crosses the runway, extreem caution is advised.
- There is human activity and animals crossing and feeding along the sides of the runway.
- Do not overfly the town of Bardera in west of the field.
Province / District
IATA & ICAO codes
|BSY & HCMD|
Town or City (closest)
NGO / UN (on ground)
Passenger / Cargo Security Screening (Yes / No)
1,300 m x 20m
Ground Handling (Yes / No)
Runway Lighting (Yes / No)
Fire Fighting Equipment (Yes / No)
Air Traffic Control (Yes / No)
Windsock (Yes / No)
Weather Information (Yes / No)
Aircraft Parking space (Yes / No)
Navigation Aids (Yes / No)
Perimeter fencing (Yes / No)
For information on Somalia Airport contact details, please see the following link: