Key airport information may also be found at: http://worldaerodata.com/
Company Name & Address
Contact Names & Email
Telephone & Fax
Instituto Dominicano de Aviación Civil
(Dominican Institute of Civil Aviation)
Ave. México Esq. 30 de Marzo.
Santo Domingo, D. N.,
Name: Alejandro Herrera Rodríguez
Title: Director General
Tel: 809 221 7909 Ext. 290/462/271
Fax: 809 221 8616
Summary of Role and Services
Function: Regulates and monitors civil aviation activities, and manages air navigation services in the Dominican Republic territory and airspace.
Major airports include:
- Las Americas International Airport
- Gregorio Luperon International Airport (POP)
- Punta Cana International Airport (PUJ)
The primary national airlines in the Dominican Republic are PAWA Dominicana (national and international carrier, established as subsidiary of Pan Am), Aerolíneas MAS, SA and Air Century, which are privately owned. Many foreign airlines are also present. According to a statistic gathered by the IDAC in 2014, the primary foreign airlines in the Dominican Republic are American Airlines, Jet Blue, Delta and Copa Airlines, together making up 37 percent of total passengers and 41 percent of regular flights.
The Directorate General of Civil Aeronautics is the regulatory body in charge of aviation matters.
Dominican Airports XXI Century (AERODOM) is a foreign consortium concessionaire which operates the majority of the state airports in the Dominican Republic.
State airports: public use aerodromes designated by the executive branch as a port of entry and departure for international air traffic of passengers, cargo or mail.
- Osvaldo Virgil Domestic Airport;
- Cabo Rojo Domestic Airport (military airport); and
- Constanza Domestic Airport (touristic and exportation).
State concession airports: public use aerodrome for which the Dominican state has granted a concession to a private party.
- Las Americas International Airport, Jose Francisco Peña Gomez (SDQ);
- Gregorio Luperon International Airport (POP);
- Presidente Juan Bosch International Airport (AZS);
- La Isabela International Airport, Dr Joaquin Balager (JBQ);
- Maria Montez International Airport (BRX); and
- Arroyo Barril Airport (Samana).
Private airports: airports owned by private companies.
- Punta Cana International Airport is owned and operated by Corporacion Aeroportuaria del Este, SA (CAE);
- Cibao International Airport owned by Cibao International Airport, Inc;
- La Romana International Airport owned by Central Romana Corporation, Ltd, and its subsidiaries.
For more information on government agency and airport company contact information, please see the following links:
Procedures for Foreign Registered Aircraft
In this country, the following requirements need to be applied, presented and approved before preposition of foreign registered aircraft:
- Name and address of the operator
- Business address, telephone and fax Operator
- Type and registration of the aircraft
- PBMD (MTOW) of the aircraft
- Pilot in command (crew)
- Join Date
- Airport entrance to Dominican Republic
- Airport exit Dominican Republic
- Last airport landing before entering Dominican Republic
- Flying Object
- Number of passengers
- Type and weight of the load (if applicable)
- Date of entry into Dominican Republic
- Full path to use
Operator, aircraft and Crew documentation:
- Certificate of registration of the aircraft
- Current certificate of airworthiness
- Insurance policy in force aircraft, including geographical boundaries and registration of the aircraft
- Valid license and medical crew