Papua New Guinea
3.5 Papua New Guinea Additional Service Providers
Papua New Guinea Food Suppliers, Accommodation and Other Markets
Main Food Suppliers
PNG Food Production
- A small proportion of land can sustain cash crops, including coffee and cocoa (arable land: 0.49%)
- Permanent crops: 1.4%
- Other: 98.11% (2005)
- Coffee, cocoa, copra, palm kernels, tea, sugar, sweet potatoes, fruits, vegetables, vanilla; shell fish, poultry, pork.
- Rice is becoming a staple food.
- The food market is - except for flour & rice on the import side and coffee & tea for the export - not organized as an industry with organized & stabilized food pipelines.
- Even if nearly all food products may be found in the country, the local suppliers only maintain a minimal stock and are not ready signing stand-by agreement or buffer stocks agreement with the humanitarian agencies.
For a list of the main food suppliers, please select the following document:
For a list of accommodation providers in the country, please select the contact list given above.